The procedure for the eviction of a tenant from rental property is regulated by statute. The legal process is called an action in "forcible entry and detainer" (FED). Courts insist on strict compliance with the statutory requirements.

Additional Information

For more information or to file a complaint, contact the Colorado Civil Rights Commission at 303-894-2997 or the United States Fair Housing Enforcement Center at 303-672-5437.

Note: This is intended only to be a guide for both landlord and tenant. This information is provided to you as a service of the Pueblo County Sheriff's Office. Should you still need further assistance in regard to legal matters mentioned in this guide, please contact an attorney of your choice.